Digital marketing (DM) is an area that the most prominent brands are always looking to improve. Businesses from all around the world can no longer ignore the importance of having a big data analyst in DM success. Customers don’t care about generic advertisements that they have seen their whole lives. They expect a personalized experience from start to finish. Consumers share so much information that they have grown to expect that all their needs will be met.
A digital marketing analyst will analyze data and look for patterns that can be used to boost a company’s digital marketing strategy. They are game-changers who can transform a business from average into a top-tier industry.
The fact is that while the majority of small businesses understand the importance of their digital marketing strategy and are even taking steps to gather more data, they are still struggling to put all the critical data to proper use. They are trying to do this in-house without an analyst to cut costs. The problem is that employees without the proper skillset cannot interpret the results of data when it comes to digital marketing. Their views are clouded by a lack of knowledge and personal opinions. It’s the reason we see so many small businesses struggling to keep up.
A data analyst will identify key performance metrics and then design advanced systems to track them. They look for patterns that can be used to identify potential trends and then deliver these insights to key decision-makers.
Big Data Plays a Pivotal Role in Digital Marketing Success
Having the ability to track and analyze critical metrics provides businesses with a competitive advantage. However, an often-overlooked benefit is that data analysts can also help identify new key indicators that are not being tracked. Click To Tweet
This further fuels the decision, moving forward.
Here are some of the ways a data analyst will help executives make better decisions.
1. Bring in More Customers with Improved Marketing Campaigns
Companies that fully utilize big data can target the core needs of their ideal customer. They are then able to use that knowledge to create content that reaches out to that specific segment. Let’s go through the process, so you get an idea of what’s happening.
A data analyst will design software that tracks user activity on its website. So, the business will gather data related to searches, browsing, and then find patterns. Then the analyst will be able to create reports that are later distributed to the marketing team. This allows the business to plan their marketing campaigns based on actual data rather than aggressively advertising to everyone. So targeting a smaller segment is more cost-efficient, and the company doesn’t risk alienating other markets.
2. Accurate Pricing of Products
Another critical role that is played by a big data analyst in DM success is providing a more precise way to price products and services. Companies use basic information to create their pricing models. Perceived value ultimately determines how much a business can charge.
With that said, a data analyst will help streamline the pricing process, using demand forecasting and customer feedback to determine how to build a higher perceived value. Improper pricing is one of the biggest mistakes that small businesses make, so having a data analyst will avoid this.
3. Show Leads the Right Content
The success of digital marketing is dependent on showing the right content to the right people at the right time. Click To Tweet Netflix has created the template for this! They use complex data systems to make sure that their viewers are recommended programming that they want to see. A data analyst will do the same thing for your digital marketing strategy – make sure that your business has the right content.
The goal is to show customized content on your website. This is a challenge, but it’s expected today. Big data is the first step to making this a reality.
A Data Analyst will do Seven Things to Boost your Digital Marketing Strategy
- A data analyst helps choose the right keywords to use with your digital marketing efforts. This also helps you understand customer behavior and identify how they are reaching your website. SEO marketing opens the doors to so many other strategies.
- Use past performance to predict future outcomes. A data analyst will look through previous performance metrics, identifying what was successful. At the same time, they will look at those parts that didn’t work and make sure those mistakes are not repeated.
- Data analysts can also create more persuasive marketing content by pulling real statistics from data and then adding them to the content. This will also help content creators identify essential pain points that they can create content around.
- A data analyst will identify the right marketing channels for digital marketing. It’s amazing how many businesses don’t plan which channels to advertise on. They throw aggressive ads everywhere and hope that some of them convert.
- Data analysts are very good at finding new audiences. Businesses should put a lot of focus on their existing customers, but they can’t stop looking for new markets to expand into. Big data provides valuable insights into potential new markets.
- Analytics lead to better, more optimal designs. Website design, logos, and even internal processes can all be improved by a data analyst. They are the bridge that links executives to valuable insights that can help improve the overall efficiency of a business.
- Data analysts will make sure that your business is spending time on the right social media platforms.
There has been a lot of information thrown at you all at once, but that should go to show you just how big of a role that is played by a big data analyst in DM success. If you want to work your way up to this point gradually, then you look into data processing services.
The future of big data is here, and its impact is only going to grow.
Interested in taking your business to the next level? Reach out to us through the form below and let’s help transform your business into a sales machine!
Latest posts by Pedro Calcono (see all)
- Role of Big Data Analyst in the Success of Digital Marketing - October 25, 2019