As of March 2019, there are currently 2.38 billion users across the social platform Facebook. Click To Tweet That’s just under a third of the world’s population. This is practically a gold mine for small business owners as it enables you to reach and connect with a large majority of your target audience right at your fingertips.
So, the next question is where do you start? How do you enable yourself to reach all these potential customers? Well, considering Facebook continues to change and adapt their algorithm there isn’t a sure way to create the perfect Facebook page. However, there are still factors that you can include into it that can make it pretty damn awesome and effective! Here’s how you can do just that in 5 simple steps.
1. Ensure your basic business information is completely filled out
To begin the creation of your Facebook business page you’ll need to head over to the following URL: https://www.facebook.com/pages/creation/. This is where your Facebook business journey begins. When you begin to create your business page you’ll be provided with 2 options of what you want to create, “Business or Brand” and “Community or Public Figure”.
Click the “Business or Brand” option and this is where you need to make sure that all your basic business information is filled. This will include:
- Page Name
- Categories (the type of business that you are)
- Phone Number
These are the most important factors of your business, so make sure they’re correctly filled out. If you need to change the category later down the line, you can do so.
2. Add a profile and cover photo
The next step will be uploading a photo for the profile and for the cover photo of your page.
Profile Photo – The profile photo is key as it will be the logo that everyone sees every time you post, therefore it’s recommended that you have the photo as the company logo. This will help to expand the brand and help it to be recognised by your audience.
The recommended size is 170×170 pixels and square dimensions are ideal. Every time you share a post, Facebook will automatically crop this into a circular image so make sure your logo includes the details you want it to.
Cover Photo – The cover photo appears like a banner at the top of your page and is 820×462 pixel size on desktop and 640×320 on mobiles. This can be a space where you can be rather creative, but also clever. Ideally, you’d want to use a cover photo that draws attention, supports your branding and can create a connection with your followers.
At the same time though, you could also use it for seasonality purposes and use it as a way to market your brand in some way. Advertising a sale on there is an example. Just try not to use the seasonality method too much as it can appear overpowering to your audience.
There are several websites that provide royalty-free images to place as your cover photo. Alternatively, you can have a designer create something for you. There’s even the option to include a cover video or slideshow to make your page really engaging.
3. Fill out all your relevant company information
Once you’ve done steps 1 & 2, you’ll be introduced to your new Facebook page. Now that the basics have been completed, now’s the time to include the important information. There are 2 ways this can be filled out. Facebook will prompt you with a button showing ‘see all tips’ which is essentially a guide to help you fill out your information. Alternatively, you can fill out the information manually by going to Settings > Page Info. What you will need to fill out will include:
– Description: In 155 characters, describe your business to your audience
– Categories: Choose up to 2 categories that your business specialises in and help users to find you
– Contact Information: Include your business phone number, email address and phone number
– Location: Include the address of your physical store here if you have one
– Hours: What are your opening hours?
– More: Other options are also included such as whether you wish to include a price range
Filling in these details will show this on the ‘About’ tab on your Facebook page. Once completed, you can even include more information such as awards and business stories.
Tips: You can create a username for your page so that users can find your business easily through a custom URL and allow visitors to see your page quicker.
You can also add a ‘call-to-action’ button to your page which can be a great opportunity for your users to either learn more about your business or contact you.
4. Page customization
Customising your page can make it unique and visually appealing to users. Click To Tweet You can do this in the page settings under “Templates and Tab”. You can add tabs to your page which provides you with several options of what you wish your users to see including posts, photos, videos etc.
There are also templates that Facebook have created which you can use automatically. Depending on the template that you use will provide a custom CTA.
5. Add collaborators to your page
If you have a small business team and wish to share the marketing duties with them, you can grant them access to the page and assign various roles. These include:
– Admin: The admin has control over everything on the page and can make any changes
– Editor: They can edit the page, send messages and create and publish posts. They can also post comments and create Facebook ads.
– Moderator: They can respond and delete comments and essentially be the gatekeeper of the page by checking who created posts.
– Advertiser: They can see who created posts and view insights on the page.
– Analyst: They can see who created a post or comment and view relevant insights for the page
And that’s it!
Utilising all these steps will ensure that your Facebook page is effective and awesome. Start to create content for your fans and ensure that it grows with your business and utilises the tools that it has available.
Interested in taking your business to the next level? Reach out to us through the form below and let’s help transform your business into a sales machine!
- 5 steps to Create an Awesome Facebook Business Page - 19/06/2019