Every website owner struggles to find an effective solution on how to improve search ranking. Obviously, there are lots of tools and methods, which might be helpful. But the most powerful tool, which can get a site to the top of the Google search result, is a well-design content marketing strategy.
In this article, you will find answers on how to use content marketing to boost your efforts. If you apply the following tips correctly, you will take your website to the next level.
Content marketing objectives
First of all, let’s clarify why it’s important to craft an effective content marketing strategy. Here are a few objectives that content marketing might help you to achieve:
- Create more valuable content to gain more backlinks
- Make content more engaging to increase on page time and reduce bounce rate
- Increase the amount of content to drive more traffic
- Make content share-worthy in order to grow social media presence
- Provide a target audience with informative content, which will help to make a better purchasing decision and improve brand loyalty
Now let’s discuss which tasks you should complete hitting these objectives.
Create a value
What is the most challenging thing in search engine optimization? The process of building backlinks to your site.
If you want to earn backlinks, you should produce valuable, informative, and engaging content. You should prove everyone on the web that your content is worthy of being shared. It will encourage bloggers and website owners to link to your site.
So how can you create valuable content? Here is a list of must-follow rules:
- Never copy or rewrite someone else’s content. Write every article and every page description from scratch
- Conduct research or study. Present brand new ideas and the insights
- Don’t write on topics in which you are weak. You should generate content that proves that you are an expert in your niche
- Provide real-life examples and actionable advice
Keep in mind that not only textual content, but also visuals are important for SEO. Visual content helps to engage the users and make them stay at the website for longer. As you know, it positively influences search ranking.
You can use literally any type of visual content, which suits your target audience:
- Vector images
- Memes and comics
Also, you can add interactive content to your websites. Online calculators, funny quizzes, surveys, and games will allow you to grab and retain the visitors’ attention.
Monitor the quality of content
When it comes to content production, you should never forget that quality is more important than quantity. If you publish a bunch of low-quality articles, it will never help you to achieve your objectives.
Whether your craft textual content by yourself or buy it online, you should always control its quality. You can do it with the help of advanced tools and services:
- Check plagiarism with the help of Small SEO Tools
- Improve grammar using Grammarly or writing service TrustMyPaper
- Check readability utilize Hemingway App or Webfx
Also, you should pay attention to the quality of the visuals. You should use only high-resolution photos and videos.
Keep in mind that if you use heavy media files, it may lower the loading speed of the page. To solve this problem, you should compress images using TinyPNG or other similar apps.
Write guest posts
You can create valuable content not only for your website but also for blogs in your niche. Effective guest blogging strategy will help you to hit two important goals.
Firstly, you will attract more inbound links from trustworthy web resources. Secondly, you will increase your reach. It means that guest blogging will help you to drive traffic to your website and build awareness of your brand.
The rules of effective guest blogging are the following:
- Write articles only for those blogs, which have an engaged audience
- Promote guest posts in the same way as you promote posts published on your blog
- Connect with the blog’s editor before you pitch him/her (share his/her content on your social media, comment on his/her recent posts, etc.)
- Analyze the target audience before writing a post
- Write a winning author bio to make readers trust your content
Make content sharable
In 2019, it’s impossible to imagine the modern world without social media. No matter what kind of websites you have, and no matter which niche you operate in. You must grow your social media presence.
Today, every piece of content you create should be “share-worthy”. It’s important to encourage users, who read your articles or watch your videos to share your content on social media. Here is a short to-do list for you:
- Use catchy visuals. According to statistics, Facebook posts with photos result in 2.3X more engagement than those without pictures.
- Install social media sharing plugin for your WordPress
- Create visual boards for Pinterest
- Generate click-to-tweet links to your content
All these simple actions will take you neither time nor efforts. Yet, they will help you to boost your content marketing efforts.
In 2019, social media sharing is one of the most important factors of search engine ranking. So you should keep it in mind while crafting your strategy.
The rule of success is simple. The more people will share your content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, the higher the results you achieve.
Wrapping it up
As you can see, with the help of well-designed content marketing strategy you can take your site on the first page of search results. Just make sure that you clearly understand Google’s requirements and meet your target audience’s preferences.
Also, you should keep watching content marketing trends. It will help you to keep your strategy up-to-date and stay one step ahead of your competitors.
Do you want professionals to help you handle your content marketing and link building campaign? Get in touch with the team behind Effective Inbound Marketing by filling the form below
Latest posts by Diana Adjadj (see all)
- How to Use Content Marketing to Improve Your Search Ranking - April 16, 2019